Sunday, August 25, 2013

The beginning (sort of)

So.  I’ve had this goal.  The goal to start a blog.  I’ve had this goal for awhile now (quite awhile… since before the day we got married).  And we're coming up on the 1,000th day since we got married... So I think it’s high time we documented some of it!

“Sincerely Rebekah” is the space where I want to document my life.  Some of it will be about my photography.  Some of it will be about recipes and projects that I attempt.  Some of it will be about nothing in particular at all.  But most of it will be about my family.  Because even though right now it is small, my family is my life.  And I’m excited to share some of our goings-on with you!

So about today.

Today we are 15 weeks pregnant, and our baby is approximately the size of an apple.  We couldn't be happier and are feeling incredibly blessed.  We can't wait to meet our little baby boy or girl!

This morning we went to church in our new Married Student LDS ward.  Even though we can’t remember anyone’s names yet, we already know we are going to love it.

After church we dropped off a binder and keys that we hadn’t yet given back to the members of the LDS Singles Ward we were serving in.  Seeing familiar faces and being back in the BYU UPC made us really, really miss the members and familiarity of our old ward.  As we left, I think Jacob was feeling pretty carefree without the weight of his old calling because he slid down the stair railing on our way out.

When we got home, Jacob had the idea to have a picnic lunch up the Alpine Loop.  So we made some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grabbed some nectarines and Cheetos and headed out!  The weather was awesome and it was super relaxing to just be up in the mountains and to eat by a little stream.  We talked about plans for the future, baby names, and the types of parents we want to be (which will probably be laughable when we look back on this day in the future).




Not all of our days are spent having picnics by streams.  Most days we wake up at the last minute, rush to school and work, get home, have dinner, work or study some more, and then go to sleep way too late.  But even within these typical days things happen that I want to remember, photograph, and write about.

Along with writing about our todays, I’m also going to throw in some blog posts about our yesterdays.  Our childhood, dating life, wedding day, past anniversaries, stuff like that.  Because I’m already forgetting the details and these are things I don’t want to forget. 

I’ve got some catching up to do, but at least now we’ve got the ball rolling!  It’s far from perfect, but it feels good.

Sincerely,
 









3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice Sunday! You two are so cute! I'm sad you guys moved out of our ward. Hope you guys enjoy your new ward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I didn't even know you were pregnant! CONGRATULATIONS!! I am super happy for you guys!! And it sounds like a perfectly lovely day...glad you got to enjoy picnicking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog off your fb feed when I was looking at pictures of your cute little guy! I am a childhood friend of Jacob- we might at your reception in Mesa. I love your writing style and especially the photography- I know you'll be busy as a new mom but I'll look forward to seeing any new posts. I added you to my feed. Best of luck on your new adventures! Feel free to check out my blog- it's linked to my profile.

    ReplyDelete

© 2011 Sincerely Rebekah, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena